Thursday, August 14, 2014

Another sleepless night

I'm Still staring at the ceiling
I can hear em fighting 
With her for no good reason...
- sleepless nights

Any one still speak of Faber Drive anymore? What happened to them anyway? Regardless, those first two lines pop into my head when I'm strung up on the day's caffeine and well, still staring at the ceiling, literally. 

Anyhoo, story of the day, wrote my last of two finals for the summer. Yesterday's was horrendously scary and I am honestly really really nervous about it still. Today's was actually better than I expected and way better than the final so I'm not worried at all. So glad to be done!  Time to have real fun for the next two weeks.... Or just watch a shitload of tv. I actually got really excited last night because my cousin is getting married at the end of the month and he had just posted wedding shoot photos on Facebook. They're gorgeous and it really hit me how soon the wedding is. On the other hand it's got me a little nervous. The reason why The Diet Bet idea came about was because I had bought a consigned dress for cheap for the wedding. Before you go all "ick, she consigns" on me, I had grabbed the dress thinking is try it on for fun. It's a small and form fitted so going in, I didn't think it would fit/ look good on at all. However, being form fitted and one shouldered, it's pretty stretchy and provided enough slack to fit my "curves". It fit, and it looked kinda hot. I had looked into dresses online (cuz who doesn't when they're supposed to be studying /:) and was looking for super summery, flowy, dressed with a full skirt to balance out my chubs. So this was totally a 180 from what I was expecting. Long story shorter, it was on sale and I thought what the hell, let this be motivation to get fit! It's not overly small for me but I decided to make it a big deal so that I actually aim to be more active and watch what I eat. Safe to say it's working but slowly and now that school is over I can focus on doing it right and making a difference. I want to try and maintain a good balance that I can keep up even after the wedding /bet but as time is ticking, I do want to push myself to make the deadline. I realized last week that my cousin (who actually also started a side bet with me) may be a little more self disciplined (when he wants to be) than me, but now that I think about it, that just means I have to get my game together and really work in order to win. I'm excited to be able to hang out with my friends again which also means eating out and drinking out more often but I now also have time to work my butt and burn it off. :) I think a slight problem may be my sleeping schedule as always. It's usually irregular and the red bull I had this afternoon is clearly not helping anything. -.-
Have plans to have sushi tomorrow night so I think I'll stop by the mall after babysitting to pre-burn some calories. Haha of only it worked that way. Mighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment