Friday, August 8, 2014

Lifestylez: August

Since weigh in #1, I've been trying to track what I put into my system and the amount I burn throughout the day. I started off using an iPhone app called Lose It! but have since swapped over to My Fitness Pal as it seems to have a larger database of foods.

I feel like it's doing a really good job of making me conscious of what I eat and when however, it hasn't helped drastically change my diet. The first week after The Diet Bet (let's call it that), I was very motivated to get out more and to get moving. But since summer has been rolling on at full throtle, it's been hard to keep my food choices healthy and in check. I think the two things that I've been a sucker for are cold beers and popsicles. I don't usually have either super often but I feel like the summer heat has me craving them all the time. Another thing that puts me behind is coffee. I'm not a crazy coffee addict like some may be but I do really really enjoy my Caramel Machiatto's. I let them slide mainly because with non-fat milk, they don't take up too much of my calorie quota. This week has been a little difficult as my summer school exams are lurking closer and I haven't had as much time to be out and about. Going to work is a good excuse to get me on my bike but since I don't work all that often, the days in between get a little lazier. Along with having more free time, I've been drawn to try new resturaunts and eat out more making it even harder to watch what I eat. Tried out Craft Beer Market a couple days ago and having had biked from work, I splurged on a beer paddle and crab cake sliders. That lunch felt a little too lavish to skip the beer and have a salad. I've got to make sure I make up for that soon. 


This week, my aim is to focus on eating at home again. It's easier to control what and how much I eat but it takes a bit of effort and time. We've got some veggies again in the fridge so hopefully that will be a good start. I also would like to get back into running because goodness knows when my last run was. I'm thinking of trying to mix running and maybe some workout videos together to see how that goes. I feel like I'm not mixing enough strength training into my (barely there) workouts to be as productive as I could be. 

I met up with my cousin in the bet today and it got me a little worried. Because of our difference in lifestyles, cutting large amounts of junk food seems easier compared to refining a relatively nutritive diet into some thing better. I don't know if that makes sense but in the short run, I think it's a little harder for me to lose the weight as fast as he can. Haha I feel like I either just called him a fatass or made myself sound like it's hard for me to lose weight. *Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to make losing weight sound like a game or anything; we just all really needed the motivation* Hopefully I can treat this as extra motivation and move my butt in time to make it count. Regardless, I want to make this an experience that will potentially make changes to my diet and activity and well my overall lifestlye. 


Last two weeks in activity:
07.25 - 08.04 
friday: biked seawall
saturday: biked seawall
sunday: biked seawall
monday: ultimate
tuesday: walked langara trail
wednesday: n/a
thursday: biked granville island
friday: n/a
saturday: walked downtown (fireworks)
sunday: biked to work
monday: biked to work, to Craft
hiatus since tuesday

School ends after this week so hopefully that will give me more time to plan and move and get fit! Been meaning to get some Blogilates in the mix and just discovered BeFit! on Youtube so hopefully I can incorporate those at home.

I talk about a lot of random things all the time but everything I don't own is linked. Click to see more :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment