Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's been too long

Someone reading consistantly would assume that I haven't had anything to rant about in a really really long time but thats not quite the case. I've just recently been picked up by this windstorm called third year university and I really could not tell you where the time has gone. I feel like I went to bed after new years and then bam! It's March. Still not able to get over that fact yet. It's about time to commence freaking out because yet another year is over and I'm just as lost, if not more. The winter holidays came and went. Christmas shopping was anoteher blur. My finals last term ended early which was awesome and I was pretty diligent about my shopping. I saw little A a couple times over the break which was really nice. She brought me to another birthday party she was invited to and I got to play with her cute little friends. I was able to leave E's gift with her because I haven't seen her since the summer. I had a blast buying winter clothes for them at H&M kids. A surprised me with a gift before I delivered hers which was adorable (and consequently started my mac "collection". hehe). E gave me another puzzle along with her moms gift which is a little strange but nonetheless, I can make use of. I really need to pull out last year's puzzle to make because I now have the space. A little before the holiday I sneakily moved down to the basement because my mom had cleaned it out. I now own my own space which I am really really grateful for. I think my little sister is grateful to have me out as well which is fine. I almost have too much space down here because a lot of my junk is in storage upstairs. I'm constantly tempted now to go shopping to expand my wardrobe and decorate my room!

So now that I have briefly blown past Christmas, New Years. New Years Eve was a blast. We hung out at a friend's before heading downtown to the Pint. Since then, I've recently gone back to that pub again because its so roomy and fun. I had gone once before nye and coincidently shared a taxi with one of the managers but I don't know if the gift cert he had made is still waiting for me. I go back to play regardless. My brother's friends were there that night as well and they had prepartied in a hotel room so I ended up going back with them to watch their wasted guys. All in all it was a really fun night. My brother's friends had a blast and got along with my friends which is The best situation :). 

After that, January was relatively uneventful. School started and I was so caught up with the holidays that it was really hard to get back into the jist of things. At the beginning of the term, I unintentionally avoided clubs days at school but ended up coming across UBCs CAFP club on Facebook. Went to the icebreaker just for kicks and decided that I would try it out. It turned out to be a networking club between students and food professionals. Although, it's been a slightly pricy experience, I'm in the works of running for an executive position. Hopefully its not too late to be doing substantial stuff to add to my resume. With this term being the end of my third year, it has got me thinking a lot about next year and beyond. Normally, this is about the time where people start planning grad and co-op and life. I know for a fact that I won't be graduating after my fourth year and I'm okay with that, even if other people aren't. But I think its really important for me to start figuring out what my extra year is going to look like and where it is going to get me. Hopefully classes are interesting enough next year that I will enjoy the full load and have an opportunity to see what else the worl has to offer. I am hoping to actually find a new job this summer and work enough to save for a trip. No idea how, no idea when but I would really really like to get out period. Even if it's momentarily. Exchange is pretty much out of the question because of my marks, lack of funds, etc. My sister brought up a masters degree that kind of applies to my what I'm interested in now so hopefully I can work towards that and get somewhere.. Haha I sound so lost..oh wait....

At the begining of last term I also started volunteering with my faculty's student run cafe, Agora. It's been a great learning experience and I've met so many people within faculty which is really nice. It has been hard to make these networks stick outside of Agora but it's something. 

February was a busy busy month. There are two birthdays in the family in January and once February rolls around it gets a little crazy. This year, Chinese New Year landed during the week of Reading Week for us so it was a huge encouragement towards eating, sleeping, and repeating. For some reason, it was necessary to have dinner out the weekend before, dinner in the day of, and then dinner out again the weekend after. Given however, my cousin was only in town for one. On top of that, we celebrated my dads birthday, and a combined grandma's birhtday/ new years the week after. Don't get me wrong, I love family time and eating and all the love but it was just a little overwhelming as I had midterms left right and center. I guess it was lucky that I had school off during the festivities.

Speaking of midterms, I did surprisingly decent on my Chem midterm. Safe to say that I am now completely lost in the course but people always say it's the little things that count right...? Math on the otherhand has been a total disaster, not even taking into account the fact that my grad student prof is fresh off the boat from China (I kid you not. It's obvious). To make things worse, the recent paper due for LFS was due right after an 8am statistics midterm and that did not end well at all. I am still waiting to see how badly that will screw me over. ): So, school has been spiraling to say the least. But there's time to fix that and I will just have to pick it up and get with the program. 

I have been trying to create a routine so that I get to the gym more often (then not). I started lunch time cycle fit last Wednesday and hopefully I can keep it regular. February was also my cousin's birthday which added to the excuse of eating extremely large portions of food out regularly. Who says you can't gain freshman 15 in a week....? Not embarassing at all.... At this rate, there will be no need to spend on a swimsuit this summer...

Think I've blabbed quite enough for tonight. I have finally roughly made it to March so I'll leave it there and throw some pictures here and there. I went to Dine out twice this year and they were both scrumptiously expensive :). Went back to Parallel 49 Brewery finally with somefriends to try their new beers. Gotta love that place. Oh and 33 Acres!! Tried their weekend brunch for ^cousn's bday and it was pretty awesome. Nonetheless, waaay too much beer lately. Then again, how much is too much ;)

Good night world. Time to dose off to some At Gwanghwamun by Kyuhyun because he is beautifully peaceful, and dream about future adventures hopefully in which I am fluent in Korean. :D Girl can dream right? Literally.

Oh oh oh! A little while ago I decided to try something new. Still a work in progress though. Don't know if it will go anywhere. City Life Food

*changing tires*

No comments:

Post a Comment